Tuesday, February 23, 2010

New Car!

We have a new car! Yippee!!

I flew up to Utah about a week and a half ago to get it (cars are lots cheaper up there). Arianne, my amazing sis, took a break from glazing all the cabinets in her house to pick me up and drive me all over creation to test drive cars. We hit a bit of a snag, but after some amazing problem-solving by my mom and sis, we were able to work things out and buy a van. It is still a little weird to be driving a minivan (all my siblings and a lot of our friends seem to think it is hilarious that we gave in and got a minivan after being so emphatic about never driving one), but it is so nice to be able to go places as a whole family. The kids love it too!

Even though it was a little stressful, it turned out to be a really fun trip. I got to spend time with Arianne and Dustin and their adorable little boy, Boston. I also got to see my brother Daniel, my mom, my brother Ryan, my Grandma Holladay and my sister Rachelle.

2 comments:

loveland9 said...

Hooray for you! I remember when we got our minivan. I was just 24 or so. I remember telling D that I didn't want a minivan because we would look like a family. He then pointed out that we ARE a family. lol

I just figured I should still have a student or sports car since everyone else my age still had one. We had two kids by then.

Now, seven kids later, we don't fit in the suburban. Too funny!!

Mike and Janet said...

Now that you have a FAMILY vehicle come on up and visit us!HEHE